The holiday season is a time to unwind, connect and finish the year with warmth and good cheer. Just make sure that you don’t let safety take a holiday.
With errands to run and guests to entertain, it’s easy to get distracted. So amid all the hustle and bustle, take a breath. With a little planning, you’ve got this!
‘Tis the season…to be careful
Here’s a compilation of some of our most popular articles on the Eriesense blog to help keep you and your family safe this season.
Holiday Safety At Home
- Decorate with care. Over-the-top holiday displays with questionable safety have long been a sitcom and movie gag, but dangerous lighting setups in the real world are no joke. Follow our 7 safety tips for hanging holiday lights to avoid being the Clark Griswold on your block.
- Use caution with candles. Candles are lovely and relaxing, as long as their soothing flicker stays where it belongs. Check out our essential guide to candle safety for quick tips to make sure those flames stay put.
- Drink (and serve) responsibly. Did you know that party hosts in some states can be held responsible if their guests hurt someone after drinking too much? Here’s what you need to know about host liquor liability and how you can plan for safety.
- Foil porch pirates. Ordering online might help you steer clear of nefarious parking lot lurkers, but that doesn’t mean you’re automatically in the clear. Check out our tips to protect your packages during the holidays to make sure that every delivery makes it under the tree.
- Don’t forget the pets. Certain holiday foods, decorations and plants can lead to sickness or worse for your pets. Check out our top holiday pet safety tips for everything you need to know about keeping the holidays safe and stress-free for your four-legged friends.
- Know when to say goodbye to that beautiful tree. Real Christmas trees are special, but keeping them around after they’ve dried out can be hazardous. (We aren’t kidding. Check out the video below.) Help your tree move along when it’s time with our post on how to recycle your Christmas tree.
Holiday Safety When You’re Out and About
Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season
When you’re with ERIE, you can rest easy knowing you have outstanding coverage, great rates and service from people who care. Learn more about homeowners insurance or talk to your local ERIE agent for a free coverage review.